"Happy to Create Zoomunity Immunity Community for Inspired Joy.”
It’s time to let your hair down and get some perspective on life.
All Welcome to the FREE event!
Registration not required. We decided to make it easier for you!
Looking Out for Neighbors, Going Forward
While the Fed Steering Committee cannot help out in person at meetings, we are here to disseminate information. Neighbors, please share these links.
We thank you,
Your Federation of SR Neighborhoods Steering Committee
Amy, Richard, Kevin, Jim, Betsy, Ron
The Marin County Health Department
Many useful updates here
The San Rafael Office of Emergency Preparedness
From the San Rafael Police Department:
In consideration of the current and changing events surrounding the spread of COVID-19, we will be making minor changes to ensure the safety of our public and our personnel. It is our goal to reduce the spread of COVID-19, and as a result, you may see a change in service. We want everyone to know that public safety is our top priority during this temporary change.
If the situation is warranted, instead of responding to your home or business, we may ask you to fill out a police report online (www.srpd.org/file-report) or to speak with an officer over the phone. You will also notice our personnel practicing social distancing; we postponed community events.
Please go to the San Rafael Police Department Press Release at https://www.srpd.org/press-release.php?id=576 for more information.
Federation of San Rafael Neighborhoods Annual Meeting
"A Beautiful and Brilliant New Year"
Thursday, Feb 13, 2020
- Fed VP Richard Bernstein explained our two proposed bylaws amendments, which passed. Fed northern borders have been eliminated, allowing all San Rafael neighbors and neighborhoods to join us. The second bylaw brings clarity to the two classes of membership, creating the option for neighborhood boards to vote.
- Christine Foster, City Data Specialist, announced plans to update their neighborhood files and encouraged all neighborhoods to fill in updated information.
- SRFD Chief Bob Sinnott spoke about fire safety and training, encouraging neighbors to prepare by taking a CERT course and Get Ready classes.
- Barry Miller, 2040 General Plan Project Manager, spoke about the importance of the Neighborhood Element and the urgency of submission.
- Rafat Raie, City Traffic Engineer, updated our attendees about new signalization and data-driven and project plans along 3rd St. He zeroed in on specific crossroads and updated the audience.
- Vice-Mayor Kate Colin delivered an engaging City update about issues that matter to Fed members: the Fire Safe marin program, the imminent opening of the new public safety building and the two completed fire stations, community engagement, SMART, and she urged support of Wildfire Measure C.
The purpose of the Federation of San Rafael Neighborhoods is to facilitate communication and interaction among the neighborhoods south of Puerto Suello Hill, as represented by their associations, groups, and individuals, and to promote effective and regular communication with local government entities and agencies.
Founded in 1992, the Federation has served as an umbrella group for all neighborhoods in San Rafael, south of Puerto Suello Hill.
What we do: We provide a platform to address multi-neighborhood issues that cross over neighborhood boundaries and impact a multiple number of neighborhoods. Often individual neighbors or neighborhood associations have addressed these issues in ineffective and redundant ways and have been unable to gain the attention of the City of San Rafael. The Federation has gotten involved in Graffiti abatement, downtown development, street repaving, illegal units, wildfire safety, St Vincent’s dining room and many more issues since its inception. The group is made up of both neighborhood associations and individuals who often care about broad issues that can impact all of San Rafael. The group has established a positive partnership with the City and created a vehicle for solving real problems with positive outcomes.
Photo: October Candidates Night - hosted by the Federation. Photo by Jim Draper